One of our attorneys is a mediator registered at the Croatian Ministry of Justice, with basic training completed at the Croatian Mediation Association as well as additional training for mediators specialized for commercial disputes.
Therefore, in the mediation process, we can represent you:
as your attorneys
– we prepare our clients for the mediation process, participate in meetings, advise and help in finding optimal solutions by reaching agreements, all with minimal expenses and in short period of time;
as your mediators
– we guide the mediation process, recommend settlements and participate in their formulation
WHAT IS MEDIATION AND WHY CHOOSE IT?
Mediation is a process which can be conducted before the court, one of the mediation institutions or outside those institutions (so called ad hoc mediations). It is a form of conciliation where the parties resolve their disputes with the assistance of a certified mediator.
Mediation process can be initiated and conducted regardless if you have an ongoing dispute before the court or you only intend to file a claim. Furthermore, in business relations it is not necessary that you have foreseen mediation as means of dispute resolution in business cooperation agreements.
BENEFITS OF MEDIATION
– the process is volunatry, simple and confidential;
– the process is usually brief and can extend to a maximum of 60 days (although the parties can agree to prolong it);
– the parties are the final decision-makers, with the help of the mediator;
– there in no risk of unfavourable court decisions (but, if the parties wish so, the process can end with a settlement which is equivalent to an enforceable court decision and represents the resolution of your dispute in the same manner as a court decision would);
– especially appropriate for the resolution of long lasting court disputes;
– possibility of an agreement about actions and services beyond specific dispute
THE ROLE OF AN ATTORNEY AT LAW IN MEDIATION
In the mediation process, you can be represented by your attorney at law in the same manner as in any other judicial or non-judicial process.
THE ROLE OF THE MEDIATOR
The mediator is an independent, confidential person who guides the process and participates in the formulation of the final agreement. With the exception of mediation led by the court, the parties are free to choose their own mediator. The mediator’s role is not to resolve the dispute by ruling but the parties themselves can bring the decision in form of a settlement.